Imagine yourself juggling your work schedule, your work-out schedule, and your various appointments, errands, and other obligations. Now imagine that same scenario, plus handling daycare or school drop-offs and pickups, kid’s appointments, and drop-off and pick-ups for sports or other activities. Multiply that by the number of children you have. Now, add to that a worrisome concern about your child’s development or behavior. How do you feel? Exhausted? Distracted? Stressed? Unsure what to do?
Read on to learn more about giving working parents tools to help manage when serious concerns about their children arise.
As much as we all strive to keep our lives humming along in a predictable fashion, with a schedule that more or less stays stable - inevitably things happen. When working parents are worried about behaviors they see in their children, or when they are notified by a care-giver or teacher at school that something is going on developmentally or behaviorally, it is a major source of concern. The struggle happens when parents are unsure as to what to do. Parents need a way to validate their concerns, and a roadmap as to what to do once it is confirmed that there is a real risk of developmental delay.
Some of the struggle revolves around the fact that this may be new territory for parents. They may be unsure where to get a developmental screening in their area. They may not have a clear understanding of the different types of developmental delay. There are different types of doctors and therapists, who specialize in different areas as well. All of this can be overwhelming.
A platform like Cognoa can help working parents in the following ways:
- Provide a fast, private, and accurate screening that can be completed at home
- Give parents a report they can bring to their pediatrician to expedite next steps
- Serve up customized therapeuitc activities that parents can do with their child at home
- Provide a wealth of information to parents about child development
- Give parents access to clinicians who can quickly answer their specific questions
- Jump-start early intervention and improve outcomes
This translates into:
- Less time trying to figure out the problem by web-searching
- Less time trying to get a diagnosis
- Less time searching for the right type of therapist or specialist
- Fewer appointments
- Increased peace of mind
- More support
- Less worry, frustration, and distraction at work
Schedule a call with us to learn more about how Cognoa can serve working parents in your organization.